If you have recently bought a new home or acquired new premises for your business, then one of the first things that you need to do is organise a building and pest inspection. The last thing that you want to be stuck with is a property that is infested with something that becomes unmanageable over time, so the quicker you can pass the responsibility on to the likes of us here at Elite Building And Pest Inspections, the better!
There are more rules and regulations involved with pest inspection than you probably realise, so before you get yourself into trouble, allow us to enlighten you a little bit. Here are some facts about who needs a building and pest inspection, and why it is important.
- Building and pest inspections are recommended and usually required for home buyers, vendors, property investors, property managers and commercials clients. As you can see, that is a pretty extensive list so it’s more than likely that you are going to find yourself needing to take part in one at some point in your property-owning history.
- In terms of why it is important to have such an inspection, the answers are all pretty clear and understandable. The first is that it can identify safety hazards and major defects before any binding contracts are signed.
- An inspection can give you a blueprint of where you need to focus your repair and maintenance work, rather than spending money on areas of the property that are not the most crucially vulnerable at the time.
- The inspection will obviously help to identify any pest infestations that are present, and one that you might not be able to notice by sight alone is termites in the wood framing of the property.
- Asbestos is also that you need to make sure is thoroughly checked for, and an inspection like this performs that search as standard. Asbestos poses a major risk to health and should be removed.
If you are going to be needing a building and pest inspection any time in the near future, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch or to call us directly. There will always be a member of the team waiting on the line to talk with you and answer any questions that you might have about your particular situation. Our aim is to get you set up with an appointment as soon as possible so that your property issues can be resolved as soon as possible too!